This iced tea recipe is so simple to make and it’s a great alternative to sugar-laden store bought iced tea.
This recipe uses matcha green tea powder which is made from the whole tea leaf stone ground into a fine powder that dissolves in water. It tastes light, fresh and non-bitter and has so many health benefits. It has over 137 X the antioxidants of regular green tea, increases energy, aids in weight-loss and is full of vitamins and minerals.
Makes 1 quart
- 1 teaspoon matcha: Evergreen Matcha
- 1 Lime or Lemon (sliced thin)
- 1 Apple (sliced thin)
- Handful Mint Leaves
- 1-3 teaspoons Natural Maple Syrup or Honey (sweeten to your taste)
- 1 quart water
1. Pour 1/3 cup of hot water into your matcha powder. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the powder.
2. Add the maple syrup or honey and stir.
3. Fill your pitcher with the water- ensure you leave space for ice.
4. Pour the matcha mixture into your jug of water and stir.
5. Fill with ice, sliced fruit, mint leaves and stir.
Note: It is important you buy high quality matcha green tea powder so that you receive the full health benefits. High quality matcha is from Japan, is vibrant green and non-bitter in flavor. We recommend Evergreen Matcha which is a high quality matcha powder. They are offering our readers 10% off your first purchase with free shipping to every state. They source their matcha from Kyoto in Japan and it contains the full health benefits.
Special 10% OFF Matcha Offer
- Visit Evergreen’s Website: Buy Matcha
- Add matcha to your cart and use coupon “1MATCHA” at checkout for your 10% off
- Your matcha will be shipped to you (free shipping)
Note: For our Australian readers you can use this same coupon on their Australian brand Zen Green Tea: Buy matcha
This post contains sponsored links.