We’re always talking about fashion tips here at Big Mama, but today, I really wanted to switch things up a little and have a heart-to-heart with you. Of course, as always, we’re going to be talking about how you can use the power of aesthetics to make your life more fabulous and interesting, but today? We’re going to tilt this kaleidoscope and explore a different side of beauty.
Let’s Get Started: How Have You Been Doing Lately?
Quick question, when was the last time you actually set aside a couple of hours for self-care? Have you been eating healthy, balanced diets made up of home-cooked dishes and fruits, instead of becoming a regular face for the delivery guys? Do you carry that water bottle around and drink enough water to stay hydrated throughout the day, just like you promised yourself the last time?
My real question here, though, is have you actually been taking care of yourself? It’s just so easy to lose ourselves in our busy and glamorous lifestyles that remembering to practice these little acts of self-love start feeling like a chore.
The result? Besides feeling like pure crap on the inside every single day, the detrimental effects of an unhealthy, malnourished lifestyle start manifesting physically in the form of skin and hair damage and speed up your aging process.
Any Time Is The Right Time To Start Healing
Now if that hit home, let me tell you this. By realizing that you’ve got a ton to change in your lifestyle to be healthier, you’ve already finished Step 1. Step 2’s a bit harder, but don’t worry. We’ve got this. And just a small warning — it doesn’t involve quitting all your bad habits and adopting new and better habits in a single day. That only leads to one thing, though: failed new year resolutions.
Lifestyle changes are huge, and it takes people years to adopt them. But by following a few actionable steps towards living a healthier life, one at a time, you’re sure to move on towards a great deal of progress. And today, I’ll be giving you a head start by listing down all those steps for you.
So Here’s What You Should Start Doing!
1. Start by being kinder to yourself and practice mindfulness. Mindfulness allows you to truly live the moment and feel at one with your own self. To embrace positive change, you need to start by loving yourself first. A few simple breathing exercises, around 10 minutes of guided meditation, a positive affirmation to yourself in your journal… it could be anything, but it should be for you.
2. Increase your water intake on a weekly basis. Start counting how many glasses of water you drink, and every day, make it a point to drink an extra glass or two at any point of the day until you can’t take any more. Water is a natural detox (and probably the only detox you need), so drink up!
3. Learn a new dish every month. Or every week, if you’re on the chef-y side. It could be salad, it could be Gordon Ramsay’s delicious Beef Wellington. The point’s simple; cooking your own food will allow you to watch what you eat and give you a small insight into what you should be doing to eat healthier and shop for your own ingredients.
4. Stay on top of your annual medical checkups! While nobody likes to hear the bad news from the doc, early detection of even the most severe diseases such as cancer can be treated with the likes of modern treatment methods. Some therapies, like the B17 cancer therapy, have even gained a reputation for displaying remarkably high remission rates!
5. Have a designated hour as your bedtime, and try to wrap up your dilly-dallies before it so that you get a good night’s sleep. Of course, no two days are the same and there will be times when you can’t quite catch up before bedtime, and that’s totally fine. Your goal should be to try sticking to the habit.
Are You Taking Care of Yourself Right?
Use these as a checklist or a catalyst for your metamorphoses, or simply as a new line of thought to ponder over. My goal here is to let you know that this is something that you need to start thinking about and give you a little push towards creating a better, healthier version of yourself. I sincerely hope that I was successful!
We are happy to present this collaborative post to offer valuable information to our readers.