As a business owner, you think about equipment protection when choosing a flat commercial roofing system and material and its durability, energy efficiency, and cost. Your commercial roofing is exceptional and requires a lot of care and diligence from selecting the installation point. We understand the complexity of this and thus offer the expert help you need to make your roofing system installation project a success.
Below are the types of roofing systems and materials, how to choose them, and how we can help you with our roofing systems products and services. Check this website https://revolutioncontractors.com/solar-panels-orlando/ for an instant fix.
Types of Flat Roofing Systems and Materials
There are different kinds of flat roofing systems & materials that you can install. Below are some and their pros and cons.
1. Built-Up roofing (BUR) Membrane
The BUR roofing design has to be around for generations. It is popular in flat residential and commercial roofs. It has a lifespan of 20 years or more depending on the number of layers you use and maintenance measures you take.
The BUR roofing consists of interchanging fiberglass layers and asphalt, with a final layer made of gravel or chipped materials.
- It’s the most affordable flat roofing system you can get in the market.
- Its topmost layer of gravel reflects the sun and is appealing.
- Its multiple layers give protection to the underneath roof parts.
- Its installation is messy and slow.
- It’s difficult to detect leaks.
2. Thermoset Roofing
Also known as Thermoset EPDM Membrane, it is a roll-based long-lasting synthetic rubber roofing system. The EPDM gives you a range of white and black colors. The material in the thermoset is the EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer).
- It’s long-lasting. You don’t have to budget for its maintenance often.
- It’s easy to install.
- It is resistant to sun, pollution, solvent alcohol, and acid damages.
- It can puncture easily, therefore, it requires high maintenance.
3. Thermoplastic roofing
There are two thermoplastic roofing membranes, i.e., Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) and Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO). This roofing system is made of either Poly Vinyl Chloride or Polyolefin, depending on the one you prefer.
- It’s resistant to adverse conditions such as UV lights and chemicals.
- It is lightweight and puncture-resistant; you don’t need to keep checking for damages.
- It’s fire-resistant.
- It has many counterfeits from many small manufactures. Thus, you have to purchase it from reputable manufacturers.
4. Modified Bitumen roofing system
This flat roofing system is popular due to its weatherproof feature. It has multiple layers that increase its durability. It consists of waterproofing Bitumen supplemented with polymers such as butadiene styrene or a tactic polypropylene, which is coated on top of polyester mats or fiberglass sheets.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s durable and puncture-resistant.
- It is resistant to adverse weather conditions.
- It has small-sized rolls that make it easier to install compared to single-ply membranes.
- It’s more expensive to install since it requires additional layers.
5. Single ply membrane
Also known as Single Ply Roofing, it has an installation design of one layer. There are two categories of a single-ply membrane, i.e., thermoset membranes and thermoplastic membranes. TPO, PVC, and EPDM are the materials that make a single-ply membrane.
- It is very flexible.
- It is resistant to crack and all weather conditions.
- It has a range of mil thickness.
- It is more expensive compared to other roofing systems.
- It comes in one heavy layer, which requires heavy equipment to get on top of the building for installation.
6. Spray-On Roofing
Also known as Liquid Roofing, the Spray-On Roofing system is continually gaining popularity in North America. It can work best for you if you want a smooth and effective cover. It is usually a sun-reflective coating that contains aluminum, silicone, and acrylic.
- It creates a continuous layer.
- It is weatherproof and fire-resistant.
- In case you are working on a strict budget, it may not work for you due to its high price.
- You may have to look for specialized contractors who have experience.
Other flat commercial roofing systems and materials include green/vegetative roofing, which is made up of plants in-tray systems placed on top of flat roof surfaces. There is also metal roofing, one of the oldest designs that use metals such as steel, copper, aluminum, and zinc.
Factors to consider when choosing flat roofing systems & materials
Replacing your roof now and then is a frustrating experience. You need a roof system that will last for a long. One that will keep your business equipment protected from water leakages and other adverse weather conditions without worrying about what will happen next. When selecting flat roofing systems and materials, go for sturdy ones.
If you already have an installed roofing system, you may want to consider the cost of replacing it and that of installing a new one. Without forgetting the durability factor, select one that matches your budget.
As a business owner, you need to consider the energy efficiency of the roofing system you install because this will save you much money eventually.
We offer all flat roofing systems and materials and excellent installation for our customers with no price exaggeration. With numerous years of experience and impeccable feedback, we are the roofer you can trust!
Why choose our roofing systems and installation services?
- We provide you with above-average roofs. Quality is key to us, and therefore we work towards perfecting your roof in terms of durability, efficiency, and appearance.
- We give you round-the-clock customer support. We care about your roofing challenges and are here to walk with you through your roof installation journey. In case you need help, contact us, and we will attend to you in a few.
- We have an expertise experience level. You don’t want to risk your costly roofing system by entrusting it to someone who is not well versed with its installation/application. We are experienced and can do this for you!
- Our products have reasonable prices. Our partnership with renowned manufacturers enables us to offer our clients the roofing systems at a good price.
Consult the expert
Are you stuck on choosing a roofing system that suits your structure? We have the expert guidance that you need! With many years of experience, we help our clients choose the roofing systems that best suit their needs and budget, not leaving out their durability.
We have done all commercial installations with roofs such as PVC, modified bitumen, EPDM, built-up coal tar, metal, and more. Our roofing specialists are highly trained to handle any roofing system installation that will work best for you.
You can check out our products and services on our website. If you have any questions, contact our customer support managers. They will attend to you shortly.