Many cannabis consumers have come across strains that were polar opposites of each other. For example, one day, you may try a strain that lifts your mood, gives you tons of energy, and makes you feel fantastic, while another day, you may try a strain that makes you drowsy and lazy.
This happens because different Marijuana strains have different effects and benefits, so it is essential to know what cannabis strain is right for your needs. The last thing anyone wants is to consume cannabis before work with the expectation of becoming energized but feeling tired instead.
Here we are going to break down the different strains, terpenes, and list the 19 perfect strains for Marijuana daytime use, so keep reading to find out more.
Cannabis Strain Origination
Evidence shows that the cannabis plant has been used globally for over 10,000 years. Ancient cultures used the plant’s hemp for medicinal purposes, produced goods, and spiritual practices. Cannabis is believed to have originated in the three main geographical locations of Eastern Asia, India, and Russia. Because of the vast difference in climate, each region’s cannabis had its own characteristics and benefits. These different cannabis plants would give us the three main strains that we know of today: Indica, Sativa, and Ruderalis.
Strains and Their Benefits
Indica- Indica is traced back to India and is a short and stocky plant with bushy green leaves. Indica is mainly used for relaxation, promoting sleep, pain, nausea, increasing appetite, and achieving a “body high.”
Sativa- Sativa is traced back to Eastern Asia and is a tall, thin plant with slender leaves. Sativa is mainly used for increased energy, productivity, creativity, increased focus, and achieving a “head high.”
Ruderalis-Ruderalis is traced back to Russia and is a small, wiry plant with few leaves. Ruderalis is the original hybrid plant and is mainly used for relaxation, pain, inflammation, anxiety, and lowering blood pressure.
When we refer to different marijuana strains like “white walker,” we refer to one of the thousands of sub-strains. Over many millennia, sub-strains have been cross-bred to amplify specific cannabinoids and terpene levels found in the main strains. Here you can find more information on how cross-breeding works.
What makes a strain suitable for daytime?
Sativa dominant strains are best for daytime use. What makes Sativa good for the day are the “daytime” terpenes that are predominantly found in the plant. The main daytime terpenes are Limonene, Terpineol, Alpha-Pinene, and Beta-Caryophyllene, and each has qualities that pair nicely with being awake.
Limonene- This terpene increases energy levels, is relaxing, and improves attention.
Terpineol- This terpene relieves pain, boosts mood, and reduces stress.
Alpha-Pinene- This terpene promotes vigilance, memory retention and boosts energy levels.
Beta-Caryophyllene- This terpene is relaxing, boosts mood, and promotes creativity.
The 19 Best Marijuana strains for daytime use
Now that you have learned which strains and terpenes are best for the daytime, I am sure you are ready to cut to the chase and find out which sub-strains contain these daytime qualities. Here are the top 19 strains that can help boost energy, mood, focus, and more.
- Lemon Kush- THC level- %21- Creativity, energetic, happiness, uplifting
- Lemon Haze- THC level- %25- Creativity, energetic, euphoric, calming
- Jack the Ripper- THC level- %17- Happy, sedated, euphoric
- Jack Herer- THC level- %21- Tingly, happy, euphoric
- Super Silver Haze- THC level- %20.5- Happy, Energetic, creativity
- Citral Skunk- THC level- %20- Uplifting, euphoric, energetic
- Dutch Treat- THC level- %24- Tingly, euphoric, happy
- Green Crack Extreme – THC level- %24- Happy, uplifting, euphoric
- Candyland- THC level- %20- Happy, energetic, creative
- Cannatonic- THC level- %7- Relaxed, uplifted, tingly
- Blue Dream- THC level- %17- Hungry, happy, euphoric
- Green Candy- THC level- %24- Energetic, Happy, Relaxed
- Jillybean- THC level- %17- Hungry, social, euphoric
- Raspberry Cough- THC level- %24 – Happy, social, uplifted
- Amnesia Haze- THC level- %21- Happy, euphoric, uplifted
- Ghost Train Haze- THC level- %25- Happy, euphoric, hungry
- Durban Poison- THC level- %21.5- Uplifted, creative, energetic
- Pineapple Express- THC level- %21- Happy, uplifted, Creative
- Purple Haze- THC level- %17.5- Creative, euphoric, happy
These are only some of the great strains to consume during the day, and here you can find even more information from Veriheal. However, this is a great list to start with, so head over to your local dispensary and start shopping!